Baked Brie Appetizer
Baked brie is a brilliant appetizer.
The simplicity and versatility has made baked brie one of my favorite go-to party dishes for the holiday season.
For this version, I picked up a dried fruit, nut mix from the store. It even had some chocolate pieces in the mix, which turned out to be a fun addition!
I added a few pistachios because (1) they are Jeff’s new favorite guilty pleasure and (2) I love the color they add to this dish.
I mixed the cranberry/nut mix in a bowl with a bit of honey. Then I placed it all on top of the brie when it came out of the oven.
I served it with super crunchy, wholesome crackers with sesame seeds.
The crackers and nuts give a really nice balance to the honey.
I have another really great topping for brie here on the blog. It’s savory and takes a wee bit more time, but it is really SO good.
Take a look at it — Brie and Sun Dried Tomatoes appetizer — if you have a hankering for something savory! It’s especially good spread over a hunk of baguette.
Enjoy! – The Recipe Wench
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 wheel of brie (about a pound or so)
- 1 cup nut/dried fruit mix
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place brie on oven proof plate large enough to allow the placement of crackers around the cheese after it comes out of the oven. Alternatively, line a cookie sheet with foil and heat the cheese on that, transferring to a platter after it comes out of the oven.
- Bake brie until thoroughly heated (about 25 minutes)
- While brie is baking, mix nuts/dried fruit mix with money.
- Place on top of brie when it comes out of the oven.
- Top with additional honey, if desired.
- Serve with wholesome crackers and/or sliced baguettes.
We want to hear from you!