Greek Inspired Orzo Salad with Feta
A trip to Greece inspired this orzo salad with feta . . .
I’m not quite sure why.
I didn’t eat orzo in Greece!
But feta! Yes I did!
And the freshness of the cucumbers, crunchy red peppers and parsley!
This is a super easy side dish that can be tailored to your taste preferences. Feel free to add tomatoes, green peppers, maybe thinly-sliced red onions.
What I like most about this salad is it can be served hot, cold or at room temperature.
If I were to serve it hot, I’d saute the red peppers before tossing them in. The feta mixed with the hot orzo is going to melt just a little — perfect!
A great choice for a pot luck!
ENJOY! – The Recipe Wench
- 1 cup orzo, cooked to al dente
- 2 medium cucumbers (peeled, seeded and cubed) - or 1 English cucumber, cubed
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup feta cheese (crumbled or cubed)
- 3 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Super simple --
- Add all salad ingredients. Drizzle with dressing. Toss.
- Adjust seasonings, add more olive oil and/or lemon juice as you prefer.
We want to hear from you!