These Cookies Never Fail to Please
Macadamia and “white chocolate” chip cookies, with toasted coconut.
Technically, Nestle’s calls them “white morsels,” but they are as delicious as chocolate chips as far as I’m concerned!
I made slight adaptations to Nestle’s recipe.
I think toasting the nuts and coconut are worth the few minutes of extra time. I love these so much, it’s not good for me to be alone in the house with them!
Macadamia-White Chocolate Cookie
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cook time||10 minutes|
|Total time||25 minutes|
|Brought to you by||The Recipe Wench - www.therecipewench.com|
Toasting the coconut and macadamia nuts adds a richness to this white chocolate cookie which is hard to beat.
- 1 Cup All purpose flour
- 2/3 Cup Whole wheat flour (perfectly okay to skip whole wheat and use just 1-2/3 cup all purpose)
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1-1/2 Sticks Unsalted butter
- 3/4 Cup Packed brown sugar
- 1/3 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Cups White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Flaked coconut (toasted - I toast by placing in a skillet over medium heat. Stir constantly -- once it starts to brown, things happen very quickly!)
- 3/4 Cup Chopped macadamia nuts (toasted -- again, I toast by heating the nuts up in a skillet)
|In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.|
|In mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Add egg and mix. Gradually add flour mixture until combined.|
|Stir in white chocolate chips, toasted coconut flakes and toasted macadamia nuts.|
|Drop by tablespoonsful onto ungreased baking sheet. Using the tips of your fingers, gently press cookies down to flatten slightly. Bake in 375°F oven for 8-11 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before removing from baking sheet.|
We want to hear from you!